How to Become an Idaho Notary
How to Become a Notary Public in Idaho
- Complete the Online Idaho Notary Training Course (not required)
- Purchase an Idaho Notary Bond
- Complete the Idaho Notary Application form and pay the $30 fee. Include the bond with the application. The applicant's signature must be notarized on the application.
- Wait for the state to send you the Notary Certificate. This certificate allows you to obtain a rubber stamp seal. The seal may contain ONLY the words "Notary Public," "State of Idaho" and the notary's name and NOTHING MORE (sample seals are shown on page 5 of the Notary Handbook). Idaho Notary Stamp seals can be purchased on this site. Effective October 1, 2018 all stamps must have "Notary Public," "State of Idaho," "The notary's name," "Notary commission number." The stamp MAY include "My commission expires" followed by the notary's expiration date.
- Submit all filings and fees to:
Secretary of State PO Box 83720 450 N 4th Street Boise ID 83720-0080