How to Become a Washington Notary
As a notary public in the State of Washington, you have UNLIMITED financial liability on EVERY document you notarize. You do not want to take the office of Notary Public lightly. The Washington Online Notary Course is the fastest, easiest and most affordable way for you to learn what to do and how to protect yourself as a notary. Whether you are a new or current notary public, you should spend some time learning the laws. It’s less expensive than an attorney consult!
Interactive Washington Notary Course Features:
How to Become a Notary Public in Washington
- Complete the Online Washington Notary Training Course (not required to become a notary)
- To qualify for appointment as a Notary Public, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to read and write English
- Reside in Washington State
- If you are a resident of Idaho or Oregon, you may become a Washington State Notary Public as long as you are regularly employed in Washington State or carry on business in Washington State.
- To apply for an appointment as a Notary Public, you must:
- Complete the application
- If you are a first-time applicant or if you are renewing your appointment after your expiration date, complete the application form in full.
- If you are renewing your appointment before your expiration date, complete only sections A and B of the application.
- Notary Appointment Name: In section A of the application, you must indicate a Notary Appointment Name. This is the name you will use for notarizations, and is the name that will appear on your notary seal and certificate. You cannot use only your last name and a single initial (such as J. Smith), or only a single name (such as Smitty).
- Full legal name: In section A of the application, you must indicate your full legal name (First, Middle, Last) no initials. Examples of documents containing your full legal name are a passport or a state issued driver license or identification card. 2. Obtain a $10,000 surety bond
- Complete the application
- You must obtain a $10,000 surety bond for your 4-year term from any insurance company qualified to write surety bonds in this state.
- The bond must be specifically for your Notary Public appointment. No other insurance you and/or your company may have will suffice.
- Please do not the state your Errors and Omissions policy if you have one.
- Submit the application
Your application must contain:
- your completed application form
- a copy (keep the original for your records) of your $10,000 surety bond
- a $30 application fee (check or money order made out to Department of Licensing). This fee is non-refundable.
- Submit it to: Notary Public Program Department of Licensing PO Box 35001 Seattle, WA 98124-3401
- Obtain your Notary seal or stamp after you receive your Notary Public Certificate from the state.
Washington Notary Supplies
Washington Notary Stamp$18.95–$21.95 Select options
Washington Notary Online Course$49.95 Add to cart
Washington Notary Jurat Stamp$19.95 Add to cart
Washington Notary Embosser$22.95–$28.70 Select options
Washington Notary Bond$50.00 Select options
Washington Notary Acknowledgment Stamp$22.95 Add to cart
Notary.net Mini Notary WebsiteFrom: $5.00 / month Select options
Notary Records Journal$14.95 Add to cart
Loan Signing Agent Certification Course$45.00 Add to cart
Inkless Thumbprint Pad$6.95–$7.45 Select options
Embosser Impression Inker$14.95 Add to cart