How to Become a Nebraska Notary
As a notary public in the State of Nebraska, you have UNLIMITED financial liability on EVERY document you notarize. You do not want to take the office of Notary Public lightly. The Nebraska Online Notary Course is the fastest, easiest and most affordable way for you to learn what to do and how to protect yourself as a notary. Whether you are a new or current notary public, you should spend some time learning the laws. It’s less expensive than an attorney consult!
Interactive Nebraska Notary Course Features:
How to Become a Notary Public in Nebraska
1. Request a test from the Nebraska Secretary of State's Office. Applicants are required to pass a written take-home test to obtain a notary public commission. The required test is only available through the Secretary of State's office.
To request a test, please provide the following information:
- Applicant's name
- Applicant's home address
- Telephone number (optional)
A test may be requested via one of the following means:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- U.S. mail: Notary Division, P.O. Box 95104, Lincoln, NE 68509-5104
- Telephone: (402) 471-2558
- Fax: (402) 471-4429
If you do not pass the first test, you will receive a second test automatically. If you do not pass the first two tests, you must wait six months before requesting the third and final exam. If you do not pass the third test, you will not be eligible to take the test again or receive a Notary Public commission.
2. Complete the test without assistance from others and return the completed test to the Secretary of State's Office. Once scored, you will receive a letter indicating your test results. Upon passing the test, please submit the following items:
- Initial application
- $15,000 surety bond
- $30.00 commission fee (Payable to: Nebraska Secretary of State or Notary Division)
- U.S. Citizenship Attestation Form
- Evidence of Employment in Nebraska Form (Non-residents Only)
- Please use this address to submit application materials: Notary Division, P.O. Box 95104, Lincoln, NE 68509-5104.
- All application materials can be found on our website at:https://www.sos.state.ne.us/business/notary/index.html
3. Once your application is approved and processed, you will receive your notary commission certificate via regular U.S. mail.
You must use an ink stamp seal engraved with the following:
- State of Nebraska
- General Notary or General Notarial
- Your name as commissioned
- The expiration date of the commission
Purchase of an errors and omissions policy is optional, and you do not have to provide proof of such coverage to our office.
Nebraska Notary Supplies
2018 ID Checking Guide, U.S. & Canada Edition
Notary Records Journal$14.95 – $17.95 Select options
MOJO: Modern Journal of Notarial Events$15.95 – $18.95 Select options
Classic Journal of Notarial Events$16.00 – $19.00 Select options
Inkless Thumbprint Pad
$9.95Add to cart
Loan Signing Agent Certification Course
$99.00Add to cart
Nebraska Notary Online Course
$99.95Add to cart
Nebraska Notary Stamp$19.95 – $24.95 Select options
Nebraska Notary Embosser$28.70 Add to cart
Nebraska Notary Acknowledgment Stamp$22.95 Add to cart
Nebraska Notary Jurat Stamp$19.95 Add to cart
Nebraska Notary Bond$50.00 Select options
Embosser Impression Inker$14.95 Select options