How to Become an Ohio Notary
How to Become a Notary Public in Ohio
- Contact your local bar association to see what the procedure for notary applications is in your area.
- If allowed by the bar association. complete the Online Ohio Notary Training Course (not required)
- After you take the county test, the judge will recommend you for appointment to the Governor.
- After you are notified of your appointment, go to the County Clerk and file your oath and bond and receive your commission.
- Order your official stamp and/or seal. Also it is recommended to order a notary journal if you do not already have one.