Become a North Dakota Notary Public
North Dakota Notary Commission Overview
The step-by-step process for becoming a notary public in the state of North Dakota is detailed below. Once you are ready to shop for supplies, simply visit our store. As a national provider of notary supplies, notary bonds, insurance, and training, Notary.net has pretty much everything you need to become a North Dakota notary public.
Are You in the Wrong Place?
Importance of North Dakota Notary Training
As a notary public in the State of North Dakota, you have unlimited financial liability on every document you notarize. You do not want to take the office of Notary Public lightly. The North Dakota Online Notary Course is the fastest, easiest and most affordable way for you to learn what to do and how to protect yourself as a notary. Whether you are a new or current notary public, you should spend some time learning the laws.
How to Become a Notary Public in North DakotaStep-by-Step Instructions
How to Become a North Dakota Notary Public
1. Complete the Notary Public Application. If you are renewing your commission, see How to Renew a Notary Public Commission.
2. The oath of office must be administered to you by a notary public, who will also notarize your signature.
3. Purchase a North Dakota notary bond.
4. Mail your completed and notarized application, along with the $36 fee to: Secretary of State State of North Dakota 600 E Boulevard Avenue Dept 108 Bismarck ND 58505-0500
5. Receive your Certificate of Authorization and Verification Form from the Secretary of State.
6. Purchase your North Dakota notary stamp.
7. Affix your notary seal to the Verification Form and return it to the Secretary of State ON or BEFORE the date on the Verification Form.
8. Once your application is approved, you will receive your North Dakota notary public commission in the mail.
Congratulations! You are now a North Dakota notary public!