How to Become a Minnesota Notary
As a notary public in the State of Minnesota, you have UNLIMITED financial liability on EVERY document you notarize. You do not want to take the office of Notary Public lightly. The Minnesota Online Notary Course is the fastest, easiest and most affordable way for you to learn what to do and how to protect yourself as a notary. Whether you are a new or current notary public, you should spend some time learning the laws. It’s less expensive than an attorney consult!
Interactive Minnesota Notary Course Features:
How to Become a Notary Public in Minnesota
- Complete the Online Minnesota Notary Training Course (not required)
- Submit an application to the state.
- The second step is to register your commission with the county you reside in.
- As a nonresident notary register your commission at the Minnesota County that borders the county in which you reside
- Purchase a stamp
- Obtain a journal to record notarial acts (recommended but not required)
- Consider if bonds and insurance are necessary by asking your employer or an insurance provider
- Familiarize yourself with statutory requirements of Chapters 357, 358 and 359 found at leg.state.mn.us
- Register any name or address changes with the Secretary of State within 30 days.
- Renew your commission every 5 years and re-register with the county
- For the location of county offices go to: www.sos.state.mn.us.
- The fee to register and renew with the county is $20 ($20 county recording fee and $120 to state).
Minnesota Notary Supplies
Notary.net Mini Notary WebsiteFrom: $5.00 / month Select options
Notary Records Journal$14.95 Add to cart
Minnesota Notary Stamp$19.95–$24.95 Select options
Minnesota Notary Online Course$49.95 Add to cart
Minnesota Notary Jurat Stamp$19.95 Add to cart
Minnesota Notary Embosser$28.70 Add to cart
Minnesota Notary Acknowledgment Stamp$22.95 Add to cart
Loan Signing Agent Certification Course$45.00 Add to cart
Inkless Thumbprint Pad$6.95–$7.45 Select options
Embosser Impression Inker$14.95 Add to cart