Become a Maryland Notary Public
Maryland Notary Commission Overview
The step-by-step process for becoming a notary public in the state of Maryland is detailed below. Once you are ready to shop for supplies, simply visit our store. As a national provider of notary supplies, notary bonds, insurance, and training, Notary.net has pretty much everything you need to become a Maryland notary public.
Are You in the Wrong Place?
Importance of Maryland Notary Training
As a notary public in the State of Maryland, you have UNLIMITED financial liability on EVERY document you notarize. You do not want to take the office of Notary Public lightly. The Maryland Online Notary Course is the fastest, easiest and most affordable way for you to learn what to do and how to protect yourself as a notary. Whether you are a new or current notary public, you should spend some time learning the laws.
How to Become a Notary Public in MarylandStep-by-Step Instructions
How to Become a Notary Public in Maryland
How to Become a Maryland Notary Public Step-by-Step Guide
- Make sure you meet the requirements to become a notary in Maryland (see below).
- Order the Maryland Notary Public Handbook and review it.
- Find three personal character references.
- Complete a notary training course and pass a notary exam.
- Complete the Maryland Notary Public Application.
- Once your application is approved, you will receive an email informing you to appear before your county clerk within 30 days to take your oath of office, pay the $11 filing fee, and retrieve your commission certificate.
- Buy your Maryland notary seal and notary journal.
Congratulations! You are now a Maryland notary.