As a notary public in the State of Illinois, you have UNLIMITED financial liability on EVERY document you notarize. You do not want to take the office of Notary Public lightly. The Illinois Online Notary Course is the fastest, easiest and most affordable way for you to learn what to do and how to protect yourself as a notary. Whether you are a new or current notary public, you should spend some time learning the laws. It's less expensive than an attorney consult!
Interactive Illinois Notary Course Features:
How to Become a Notary Public in Illinois
Step by Step Instructions
- Complete the Online Illinois Notary Training Course (not required)
- Complete your notary application with the name you would like to appear on your certificate. Please understand that all notarizations will need to be performed using this name. Application included in course.
- The Secretary of State determines the effective date of your commission, not the bonding company.
- Notify your bonding company of the effective date of your commission after;
- You have registered with the county clerk. This bond will expire when your commission does.
- Your commission is not complete until you register the appointment with the county clerk's office.
- Do not purchase your notary public seal until you have received your notary commission from the county clerk's office.