New and Renewing Pennsylvania Notary
- Your choice of PA notary stamp/seal - Required for applying/renewing notaries
- PA $10,000/4-year Notary Bond - Required for applying/renewing notaries
- Free Shipping
- State-Approved PA Notary Course - Required for applying/renewing notaries
- Notary Register/Journal - Required for new notaries
- PA Notary Embosser
- Notary Errors and Omissions Insurance
How to Become a Notary Public in Pennsylvania
Step by Step Instructions
- Take the mandatory 3 hour education course
- Fill out the Pennsylvania Notary Application
Upload proof of having completed a three hour approved mandatory notary education course within six months preceding application if required.
- Take the State Exam
First-time applicants and applicants that have allowed the commission to expire will be required to take a state exam through the exam vendor Pearson VUE. The state will give you instructions for your exam after receipt of your application.
- Wait for Commission Certificate
You should receive your commission certificate within 4-6 weeks.
- Purchase and File Bond With the County
Within 45 days after the date of appointment, a notary public is required to execute a $10,000 bond. Pennsylvania Notary Bond
- Register Signature with County
The notary applicant must register his/her signature with the prothonotary of the county wherein the notary public maintains an office within 45 days after appointment or reappointment. If the recording and oath requirements are not met within the 45 day period, the commission becomes null and void. Applicants must then begin the process again by submitting a new application and the $42.00 application fee for appointment to a new commission and a new appointment date.
- Order/Obtain Notary Seal and Register
If you ordered a supply package, email us your commission information to: email@example.com or fax to: 877.349.6590. Otherwise, order your Pennsylvania notary supplies now.