The Importance of Michigan Notary Training
As a notary public in the State of Michigan, you have UNLIMITED financial liability on EVERY document you notarize. You do not want to take the office of Notary Public lightly. The Michigan Online Notary Course is the fastest, easiest and most affordable way for you to learn what to do and how to protect yourself as a notary. Whether you are a new or current notary public, you should spend some time learning the laws. It's less expensive than an attorney consult!
Interactive Michigan Notary Course Features:
How to Become a Notary Public in Michigan
Step by Step Instructions
- Complete the Online Michigan Notary Training Course (highly recommended)
- Fill out the application clearly and completely.
- Use None or N/A if not applicable.
- Use zeros for Phone numbers or Business zip code if not applicable.
- Order $10,000.00 Michigan Notary Bond and Application
- Take the surety bond and completed application to the county clerk’s office.
- (For a $10.00-$20.00 fee the Clerk will file your bond, administer an Oath and return the application to you).
- Mail the original completed application and the $10.00 filing fee to the address on the application. Make checks made payable to State of Michigan.
- Look for the commission card and certificate in your email. Allow 4-6 weeks for processing. Please check all spam folders.
- Check the status of your appointment on our website. Bookmark this site to visit later. (Note, Do not perform notarial acts until you are listed as “Active” on the state website or you have received your commission information!)