How to Become a Rhode Island Notary
As a notary public in the State of Rhode Island, you have UNLIMITED financial liability on EVERY document you notarize. You do not want to take the office of Notary Public lightly. The Rhode Island Online Notary Course is the fastest, easiest and most affordable way for you to learn what to do and how to protect yourself as a notary. Whether you are a new or current notary public, you should spend some time learning the laws. It’s less expensive than an attorney consult!
Interactive Rhode Island Notary Course Features:
How to Become a Notary Public in Rhode Island
- Complete the Online Rhode Island Notary Training Course (not required)
- Call 1-401-222-1487 and request a NOTARY PUBLIC application.
- Completely fill out the application.
- Send or take the application to the Board of Canvassers in your city or town to verify residency and voter eligibility.
- Have the application notarized by a commissioned notary.
- Pursuant to state law, the filing fee is $80.00.
- Checks must be made payable to the Secretary of State. Return application with filing fee to Office of the Secretary of State, Corporations Division, Notary Public Section, 148 W. River Street, Providence, Rhode Island 02904-2615.
- The Notary Section can be reached at 222-1487, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- You will receive your Notary Commission in the mail in approximately three (3) weeks.
- Make a copy of your commission and send it to Notary.net and get your official stamp and seal. Order a journal if you do not already have one.
Rhode Island Notary Supplies
2018 ID Checking Guide, U.S. & Canada Edition
Notary Records Journal$14.95 – $17.95 Select options
MOJO: Modern Journal of Notarial Events$15.95 – $18.95 Select options
Classic Journal of Notarial Events$16.00 – $19.00 Select options
Inkless Thumbprint Pad
$9.95Add to cart
Loan Signing Agent Certification Course
$99.00Add to cart
Rhode Island Notary Online Course
$99.95Add to cart
Rhode Island Notary Stamp$18.95 – $21.95 Select options
Rhode Island Notary Embosser$28.70 Select options
Rhode Island Notary Acknowledgment Stamp$22.95 Add to cart
Rhode Island Notary Jurat Stamp$19.95 Add to cart
Embosser Impression Inker$14.95 Select options