How to Become a West Virginia Notary
As a notary public in the State of West Virginia, you have UNLIMITED financial liability on EVERY document you notarize. You do not want to take the office of Notary Public lightly. The West Virginia Online Notary Course is the fastest, easiest and most affordable way for you to learn what to do and how to protect yourself as a notary. Whether you are a new or current notary public, you should spend some time learning the laws. It’s less expensive than an attorney consult!
Interactive West Virginia Notary Course Features:
How to Become a Notary Public in West Virginia
- Complete the Online West Virginia Notary Training Course (not required)
- Read the West Virginia Code which governs notary practice. On the application you will be signing an oath that you have read and understand the requirements and will follow the law.
- Fill out the form on-screen if you wish, then print it and complete the remaining sections. You must obtain the signatures of three witnesses to your character and sign your oath before another notary or officer authorized to administer oaths. If you are renewing and wish to keep the same month and day of expiration, please be sure to include that on the application form.
- If you are applying as a government notary for the official duties of a state or local governmental entity, your supervisor must provide a letter requesting your appointment. The fee is waived for government notaries.
- Make your check for $52 payable to "Secretary of State."For other options for paying the fee, such as by credit card, click the icon to the right. The fee is waived for government notaries
- Mail your application and payment to:
Notary Assistant, Secretary of State Bldg. 1, Suite 157-K 1900 Kanawha Blvd. East Charleston, WV 25305-0770
- Wait to receive your commission letter and notary stamp card. Your commission letter will provide the exact information you need on your seal, including your new commission expiration date. Do not start notarizing until you receive the official commission certificate.
- Order your rubber stamp seal. www.notary.net Provide the exact information given in your commission letter to the company making your seal.
- Imprint stamp on card and return to Secretary of State. The card is preprinted with our address. Be sure to add a stamp!
- Receive your commission certificate, valid for ten years, and your notary handbook. When you receive this certificate, you may begin notarizing documents, but learn what to do before you begin.
- Review the notary handbook and keep it handy where you provide your notary services. Remember, improper notarization means financial liability for the notary. Every notarization must include the proper acknowledgement form. Learn what to do before you begin.
West Virginia Notary Supplies
2018 ID Checking Guide, U.S. & Canada Edition
Notary Records Journal$14.95 – $17.95 Select options
MOJO: Modern Journal of Notarial Events$15.95 – $18.95 Select options
Classic Journal of Notarial Events$16.00 – $19.00 Select options
Inkless Thumbprint Pad
$9.95Add to cart
Loan Signing Agent Certification Course
$99.00Add to cart
West Virginia Notary Online Course
$99.95Add to cart
West Virginia Notary Jurat Stamp$19.95 Add to cart
West Virginia Notary Stamp$18.95 – $21.95 Select options
West Virginia Notary Embosser$28.70 Add to cart
West Virginia Notary Acknowledgment Stamp$22.95 Add to cart
Embosser Impression Inker$14.95 Select options