How to Become a Utah Notary
As a notary public in the State of Utah, you have UNLIMITED financial liability on EVERY document you notarize. You do not want to take the office of Notary Public lightly. The Utah Online Notary Course is the fastest, easiest and most affordable way for you to learn what to do and how to protect yourself as a notary. Whether you are a new or current notary public, you should spend some time learning the laws. It’s less expensive than an attorney consult!
Interactive Utah Notary Course Features:
How to Become a Notary Public in Utah
- Complete the Online Utah Notary Training Course (not required)
- Download test study guide: https://notary.utah.gov/Forms/2010%20STUDY%20GUIDE.pdf
- Take the required state exam: https://secure.utah.gov/notary/index.html
- Pay the testing and application fees together by credit card. You pay both the $45 application fee and the $30 testing fee together at the end of the test. Once you pay, your test is automatically submitted. Results are immediate.
- PRINT or SAVE your answers if you want a record. Remember, once you log out or leave the page displaying the questions or answers, all will be lost except for t he score, which will be saved in the database.
- If you passed the test, print your application.
- Sign application.
- Endorsers sign your application. You must receive endorsements from two permanent Utah residents who are over the age of 18. Each endorser must print their name, residence address, and signature in the spaces provided on your application.
- Obtain a Notary Bond from any insurance company$5,000 notary public surety bond
- State Employees require a Risk Bond ONLY
- Oath of office needs to be signed in the presence of a notary
- Mail in the application and original bond and oath
- It takes up 1-2 Weeks to process, No rush service available
- Check the spelling on your Certificate of Authority of Notary Public. All information on your certificate comes from the data you entered when applying to take the test.
- Sign your Certificate of Authority of Notary Public in the presence of a notary
- Take a copy of your certificate to any vendor providing notarial seals. When you receive your seal from the vendor, make sure it complies with UCA 46-1-16. Send it back and get a new one if it does not comply.
Utah Notary Supplies
Utah Notary Stamp$18.95–$21.95 Select options
Utah Notary Online Course$49.95 Add to cart
Utah Notary Jurat Stamp$19.95 Add to cart
Utah Notary Embosser$28.70 Add to cart
Utah Notary Acknowledgment Stamp$22.95 Add to cart
Notary.net Mini Notary WebsiteFrom: $5.00 / month Select options
Notary Records Journal$14.95 Add to cart
Loan Signing Agent Certification Course$45.00 Add to cart
Inkless Thumbprint Pad$6.95–$7.45 Select options
Embosser Impression Inker$14.95 Add to cart