How to Become an Alabama Notary
How to Become a Notary Public in Alabama
The Alabama Secretary of State's office does not have notary application materials.
- We recommend that you purchase and complete the Online Alabama Notary Training Course. This course is not required by the state, but it is highly recommended you are fully aware of your duties and responsibilities as a notary public. Order Now
- Purchase the $25,000 Alabama Notary Bond. The bond is "insurance" for the public in case you make a mistake and damage someone financially.
- Contact the probate judge in the county of your residence. You can locate your judge from the website http://sos.alabama.gov/city-county-lookup
- After you furnish the appropriate information to the judge and pay the application fee, you will be appointed as a notary.
- After you are appointed, order your notary supplies: Alabama Notary Supplies