Become a Rhode Island Notary Public
Rhode Island Notary Commission Overview
Notary.net is here to help with any notary bonds, insurance, notary training, or notary supplies you need to become a Rhode Island notary public. The step-by-step process for becoming a notary public in the state of Rhode Island is detailed below. Once you are ready to shop for supplies, simply visit our store.
Importance of Rhode Island Notary Training
As a notary public in the State of Rhode Island, you have unlimited financial liability on every document you notarize. You do not want to take the office of Notary Public lightly. The Rhode Island Online Notary Course is the fastest, easiest and most affordable way for you to learn what to do and how to protect yourself as a notary. Whether you are a new or current notary public, you should spend some time learning the laws.
How to Become a Notary Public in Rhode IslandStep-by-Step Instructions
How to Become a Notary Public in Rhode Island
The Rhode Island Office of Notary Public is available to Rhode Island residents, non-residents who conduct business on a regular basis within the State of Rhode Island, and Attorneys and Certified Public Accountants in good standing.
1. Take the “Notary Knowledge Today” assessment to prove that you know how to perform your notary public duty.
2. Complete and print the Notary Application Form.
3. Appear before a Rhode Island notary public to take the Oath of Office and complete the certificate.
4. Mail your completed and notarized application with the $80 fee to: RI Department of State 148 W. River St. Providence, RI 02904
5. Receive your notary commission certificate in the mail.
6. Purchase your Rhode Island notary stamp.
Congratulations! You are now a Rhode Island notary public!