Become an Illinois Notary Public
Illinois Notary Commission Overview
Notary.net is here to help with any notary bonds, insurance, notary training, or notary supplies you need to become an Illinois notary public. The step-by-step process for becoming a notary public in the state of Illinois is detailed below. Once you are ready to shop for supplies, simply visit our store.
Importance of Illinois Notary Training
As a notary public in the State of Illinois, you have unlimited financial liability on every document you notarize. You do not want to take the office of Notary Public lightly. The Illinois Notary Online Course is the fastest, easiest and most affordable way for you to learn what to do and how to protect yourself as a notary. Whether you are a new or current notary public, you should spend some time learning the laws.
How to Become a Notary Public in IllinoisStep-by-Step Instructions
How to Become a Notary Public in Illinois
1. Complete the Online Illinois Notary Training Course (not required)
2. Complete your notary application with the name you would like to appear on your certificate. Please understand that all notarizations will need to be performed using this name. Application included in course.
3. The Secretary of State determines the effective date of your commission, not the bonding company.
4. Notify your bonding company of the effective date of your commission after;
5. You have registered with the county clerk. This bond will expire when your commission does.
6. Your commission is not complete until you register the appointment with the county clerk's office.
7. Do not purchase your notary public seal until you have received your notary commission from the county clerk's office.