This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #13997


    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

    Hello everyone,

    I have been recently named my grandmothers Veterans Affairs Fiduciary and I am trying to align all of her income into one account. I also have power of attorney over her.

    One of the pensions she receives requires that I get a signed notary in order for me to change any of her information. However, she has late stage dementia and is not able to sign this document herself to get it notarized.

    My question:

    Should I able to get this document signed by me and notarized with my power of attorney?

    Thank you for your help and please let me know if you need additional information.



    The question you’re asking is a legal question. Not a question for a Notary Public. We as Notaries, I.D. the individual who
    comes before, so the receiving agent knows we positively identified the individual. We notarize signatures. We are not
    allowed to give opinions or advise, we are not attorney’s. Doing so can have many legal ramifications. Please consult
    an attorney.

    Ask the receiving agency if they will accept you signing as AIF for your grandmother. If it is acceptable to them, then get
    your signature notarized. Ask how they want you to sign. Most common is: Jane A. Doe by Sarah J. Doe as her attorney in fact. But this depends on the receiving agency. Again, a Notary Public cannot advise you on this. If you are in Louisiana, this can be a whole different story.



    I am the grandmother of four-year-old Michael. … A: Generally, a power of attorney gives one person certain rights to act on another’s behalf. … if located) must file a copy of the signed and notarized power of attorney with the juvenile court of …


Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.