Become a South Carolina Notary Public
South Carolina Notary Commission Overview
Notary.net is here to help with any notary bonds, insurance, notary training, or notary supplies you need to become a South Carolina notary public. The step-by-step process for becoming a notary public in the state of South Carolina is detailed below. Once you are ready to shop for supplies, simply visit our store.
Importance of South Carolina Notary Training
As a notary public in the State of South Carolina, you have unlimited financial liability on every document you notarize. You do not want to take the office of Notary Public lightly. The South Carolina Online Notary Course is the fastest, easiest and most affordable way for you to learn what to do and how to protect yourself as a notary. Whether you are a new or current notary public, you should spend some time learning the laws.
How to Become a Notary Public in South CarolinaStep-by-Step Instructions
How to Become a South Carolina Notary Public
1. Complete the Notary Public Application and Renewal Application. You must be a registered voter. If you do not know your voter registration number, call your County Board of Elections and Voter Registration, or visit the South Carolina Election Commission website.
2. Get your application notarized.
3. Pay the $25 fee. Mail your application to your county delegation office. These offices are listed at the end of the application.
4. Purchase your South Carolina notary stamp.
5. Once you receive your Notary Public Commission, file your commission certificate with your county clerk and pay the $10 fee.
Congratulations! You are now a notary public in South Carolina!