Before the Seminar
- To be fully prepared for the seminar and the State Exam, please take at least one hour to look over the 2016 California Notary Handbook. This will help to familiarize you with some of the terminology that will be used during the seminar.
- Download a Notary Public Application, print it out and bring it with you on the day of the seminar. You will have time in class to complete the application.
- Obtain a 2×2 color “passport” photo to submit to the State with your application
- For your convenience live scan and photo services are provided prior to the seminar, starting at 8:30am for a charge of $80 and $10 respectively.
- You can change locations or cancel up to 7 days prior to the seminar free of charge. If you miss this class or need to reschedule less than 7 days prior, you must call 800-873-9865. There is a $30 reschedule fee. ***No refunds will be issued for cancellations less than 7 days prior to the seminar or greater than 24 hours after the time of the order.***
The Day of the Seminar
Seminar: 9:00am – 4:15pm
Lunch: 12:10 pm – 12:55 pm
State Exam: 4:15 pm – 5:30pm
Be sure to bring the following to the seminar:
- 2″x2″ Color Passport Photograph
- $40 Check or Money Order Payable To: Secretary of State
- California Notary Application (we will provide extra applications at the seminar)
- Government Issued Photo ID Card:
- Driver’s license or
- Passport or
- Military ID or
- Canadian or Mexican driver’s license
- Two No. 2 pencils
- A copy of your invoice/receipt