Become a New York Notary Public
New York Notary Commission Overview
Notary.net is here to help with any notary bonds, insurance, notary training, or notary supplies you need to become a New York notary public. The step-by-step process for becoming a notary public in the state of New York is detailed below. Once you are ready to shop for supplies, simply visit our store.
Importance of New York Notary Training
As a notary public in the State of New York, you have unlimited financial liability on every document you notarize. You do not want to take the office of Notary Public lightly. The New York Online Notary Course is the fastest, easiest and most affordable way for you to learn what you need to know to pass the New York Notary Exam and how to protect yourself as a notary. Whether you are a new or current notary public, you should spend some time learning the laws.
How to Become a Notary Public in New YorkStep-by-Step Instructions
How to Become a New York Notary Public
How to Become a NY Notary Step-by-Step Guide
1. Make sure you fulfill the requirements to be a NY Notary Public (scroll down for State Requirements).
3. Take and pass the NY notary exam. The exam is Pass/Fail. Bring $15 and your ID to the test site. For more information, see Notary Public Walk-In Examination Schedule and Exam Information. Exam topics include, but are not limited to: license law and the general terms and duties of a NY notary public.
4. Wait to receive your exam pass slip by mail.
5. Complete the NY notary public application. Including in the application is your oath of office. Take your oath in the presence of a NY notary, and get your oath signed and notarized.
6. Submit the application, notarized oath of office, $60 fee, and your exam pass slip to: Department of State Division of Licensing Services Notary Public P.O. BOX 22065 Albany, NY 12201-2065.
7. Within 3-4 weeks, you will receive your notary ID card from the Department of State.
Congratulations! You are now a New York notary public!