Notifications
Clear all

Wrong Acknowledgment used for POA

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@Anonymous 1233)

I notarized a POA form yesteday that was on a pre printed form. After I got home and looked over the requirements for California acknowledgements, I realized the verbage was incorrect. Can I attached the correct acknowledgement to the POA?
This has got me worried!!

7 Replies
(@Anonymous 1227)
Eminent Member

First, I suggest keeping a reference card with you that has the correct wording for CA acknowledgments and jurats. Use it often. I have one and I still pull it out just to verify that I'm not missing any words. One of the first things you should be doing is verifying if the pre-printed certificate is CA compliant. I always assume that they aren't and then verify, word for word. I've seen some that are VERY close but have a few wrong words. The notarial certificate is YOUR responsibility. It's nice for people to pre-print it for you, but you are not obligated to use it.

If you can re-do the notarization, that would probably be best. Be sure to STAPLE the correct loose form. The CA Sec of State has said we are now required to staple loose forms. (Per their 2012 newsletter)

Topic starter
(@Anonymous 1233)

Thank you for your reply. I spoke with the person today and I have completed an acknowledgement for them to staple to the back of the POA. I hope this will work.
I will be more diligent in the future and use your advise as far as reading word for word.
Thanks Again!

(@Anonymous 1227)
Eminent Member

@justina62 wrote:

I have completed an acknowledgement for them to staple to the back of the POA. I hope this will work.

I hate to break this to you... but it won't work. YOU have to attach it yourself. You can't just send them a loose, notarized form.

If it were me... I'd go back to them and do it all over again as a new notarization.

Topic starter
(@Anonymous 1233)

Actually I am going to staple it myself. Thanks you

Page 1 / 2
Share: