This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  rolddreateHof 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

spen40
    Participant

Please be advised, I have completed the online Notary Public seminar and know trying to obtain an Attorney’s signature to complete my application and mail to the State Govenor’s office. I have made many attempts to seek an Attorney signature only to come up empty. Any suggestions ???????
    Thank you.

LindaHFL
    Participant

Spen, what state are you in?

spen40
    Participant

Thank you for your prompt response. I am living in Massachusetts. Any help is greatly appreciated.

LindaHFL
    Participant

I asked where you were so I could look at your application..and yes I see that one of your references has to be a member of the bar – wow!!

Do you have a personal attorney who would sign for you? Do your parents or siblings? Please note they are signing that they know you.

My only suggest is if you don’t have an attorney and neither does anyone in your family, call the Governor’s office and see what they suggest in this instance…I’m sure this has come up before…

Good Luck.

Geber
    Participant

Try looking up your state senators and representatives online, and see if any of them are lawyers. Also, keep in mind that Massachusetts has an executive order in place that pretty much prevents notaries from doing remote loan closings; one of the Massachusetts bar associations has filed some law suits against organizations (title companies?) that wanted to do this. So if the lawyer asks why you want to be a notary, have a good answer ready.

(No, I’m not a Massachusetts notary, I’m from over the border in Vermont.)

monet
    Participant

i am taking my notary test in the morning. Any advice?

lilian
    Participant

Hello monet I know the question has been posted over a year ago, and this is a late reply , but for the benefit of those who’ll visit the forum with same question in the future and for those who’ll take the exam the simple tips I found here is practical and very useful https://notarywise.com/Notary-exams.htm.

nolidwar0
    Participant

You just go to Notary Commission office and meet some senior and tell him your complete seminar detail that will helpful to you.

Regards,

rolddreateHof
    Participant

hello

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.