Does advertising on YP.COM work

9 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@Anonymous 1204)

Im curious if any of my fellow Notary friends have paid
Monthly to advertiseon Yellow Pages.com? They state they'll
get my business name out there on several search engines.
AOL, YAHOO, BING, 411, etc. Im already high on Google.
I was recently contacted seems a reasonable monthly fee
of $85.00 IF IT WILL BRING BUSINESS. Have you ever paid
and did it financially benefit you?

8 Replies
(@Anonymous 1186)
Estimable Member

I advertise on select sites that I know work. This site being one of them and the other big three. Otherwise, I advertise on free sites only. I guess it depends on what type of work you are looking for. Either general notary work or loan signings?

$85.00 a month seems outrageous to me, but it is your choice how you spend your advertising dollars. In eight years, I have not put out that kind of money on a monthly basis.

(@Anonymous 1193)

How often do you use the Yellow Pages to find .. an auto repair shop, a notary, a tax preparer, a carpenter? Or do you use the Internet? It can vary from on e locale to another. Smaller (rural) places may use local advertising more than the Internet. The Notary.net is as good as any advertising source. Whenever you notarize anything hand the signer two or three business cards (more than one) and say "if you know anyone who needs my services will you please pass this along?" Also memorize a 30-second intro that you can recite .. wear a tag that says "Notary" and whenever anyone asks "are you a notary" recite the intro and hand them three cards. When you go to a shopping area or bank or other areas with many people -- wear the Notary name tag and have some business cards. You could do that at real estate caravan meetings too. They may not need a notary right then but .. at some point they all need one. (All of that notwithstanding ... there is not enough notary business to pay for forms and gasoline .. so it not really a business .. it is a convenience -- maybe added on to a real business).

(@Anonymous 1230)

Advertising in YP.com still works but can get a little bit pricey at times, I found my luck in adverting for free in social media sites like twitter,FB,myspace,multiply and even in tagged I get maximum benefits. Even photo sharing sites are good channels to advertise services to name a few pinterest and instagram these two works best these days.

(@Anonymous 1240)

@lilian wrote:

Advertising in YP.com still works but can get a little bit pricey at times, I found my luck in adverting for free in social media sites like twitter,FB,myspace,multiply and even in tagged I get maximum benefits. Even photo sharing sites are good channels to advertise services to name a few pinterest and instagram these two works best these days.

I am with you, lilian. Social media is a fast-developing field for business promotion with low budget. personally, i think $85.00 a month seems a bit outrageous cost on search engine.

Page 1 / 2
Share: