How to Become a Tennessee Notary
Choose one of our Tennessee notary supply packages:
As a notary public in the State of Tennessee, you have UNLIMITED financial liability on EVERY document you notarize. You do not want to take the office of Notary Public lightly. The Tennessee Online Notary Course is the fastest, easiest and most affordable way for you to learn what to do and how to protect yourself as a notary. Whether you are a new or current notary public, you should spend some time learning the laws. It’s less expensive than an attorney consult!
Interactive Tennessee Notary Course Features:
How to Become a Notary Public in Tennessee
- Complete the Online Tennessee Notary Training Course (not required)
- Fill out application completely This application must be signed under oath in the presence of a notary public and submitted to the County Clerk at least 30 days prior to the meeting of the county legislative body at which it is to be considered. Once elected, you must then be commissioned by the Governor. If elected, you will be required to post a bond in the amount of Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000). The bond must be filed in the office of the County Clerk, who will accept the required fees and administer the oath of office. You are not authorized to act as a notary public until you have received your commission from the Governor, filed your bond, and taken the oath of office. If you move your residence or your principal place of business out of this county, you are required by law to notify the secretary of state.
- Have you ever been convicted of offering or giving a bribe, larceny, or any other offense declared infamous by law?
- If the answer to question 1 was YES, has your citizenship been restored?
- Is there an unpaid judgment against you for money received in an official capacity and due to the United States, to Tennessee or any Tennessee county, or are you a defaulter to the treasury?
- Are you a soldier, seaman, marine, or airman in the regular Army, Navy, or Air Force of the United States, a member of the United States Congress, or a person holding any office of profit or trust under any foreign power, other state or the United States?
Tennessee Notary Supplies
Tennessee Professional Notary Package
Tennessee Notary Stamp$24.95–$26.95 Select options
Tennessee Notary Online Course$49.95 Add to cart
Tennessee Notary Jurat Stamp$19.95 Add to cart
Tennessee Notary Forms$10.00 Add to cart
Tennessee Notary Embosser$28.70 Add to cart
Tennessee Notary Bond w/E&O$50.00 Select options
Tennessee Notary Acknowledgment Stamp$22.95 Add to cart
Tennessee Classic Notary Package