South Dakota Notary Information
As a notary public in the State of South Dakota, you have UNLIMITED financial liability on EVERY document you notarize. You do not want to take the office of Notary Public lightly. The South Dakota Online Notary Course is the fastest, easiest and most affordable way for you to learn what to do and how to protect yourself as a notary. Whether you are a new or current notary public, you should spend some time learning the laws. It’s less expensive than an attorney consult!
Interactive South Dakota Notary Course Features:
How to Become a Notary Public in South Dakota
- Complete the Online South Dakota Notary Training Course
- Purchase a notary seal from Notary.netYou may purchase an embossing seal or a rubber stamp. The seal must contain your “name”, the words “Notary Public,” and “South Dakota”. If a rubber stamp is used the word “Seal” must be included and a border must surround the imprint of the seal. Once you have purchased a notary seal, make an imprint in the square box in the upper left hand corner of the application.
- Complete the oath and bond portions with your signature and the surety signature. The $5000 bond can be purchased from a local insurance company and you will pay the insurance company a premium for the six-year bond. If you do not want to purchase a notary bond, you may have a personal surety. To use a personal surety, omit the bond portion on the front page of the application and complete the backside. A personal surety can be a friend, relative, spouse or co-worker whom will sign on their own behalf and be liable for your $5000 bond if you perform any unlawful acts with your notary commission. A personal surety cannot be a company, business or organization and a personal surety cannot have his/her name removed for any reason.
- Each application must be approved by the Office of the Attorney General before the commission may be issued.
- Enclose a $30 filing fee, Make checks payable to Secretary of State.
- Complete the previous notary commission question, date of birth and felony conviction question.
- List a South Dakota address and South Dakota County on the application.
- All applications received without the above requirements will be returned to the applicant’s address on the application. Failure to complete the application fully will result in denial of a Notary Public commission.
- A renewal requires the same procedure as an original application.
- Only after you have received a Notary Commission Certificate issued by the Secretary of State, are you authorized to notarize documents. Also with the Notary Commission you will receive a Notary Public handbook for your reference.
South Dakota Notary Supplies
South Dakota Notary Stamp$19.95–$24.95 Select options
South Dakota Notary Online Course$49.95 Add to cart
South Dakota Notary Embosser$28.70 Add to cart
South Dakota Notary Bond$60.00 Select options
South Dakota Jurat Stamp$21.95 Add to cart
South Dakota Executive Notary Desk Embosser
$68.50Add to cart
South Dakota Acknowledgment Stamp$23.95 Add to cart
Notary.net Mini Notary WebsiteFrom: $5.00 / month Select options
Notary Records Journal$14.95 Add to cart