How to Become a Montana Notary
As a notary public in the State of Montana, you have UNLIMITED financial liability on EVERY document you notarize. You do not want to take the office of Notary Public lightly. The Montana Online Notary Course is the fastest, easiest and most affordable way for you to learn what to do and how to protect yourself as a notary. Whether you are a new or current notary public, you should spend some time learning the laws. It’s less expensive than an attorney consult!
Interactive Montana Notary Course Features:
How to Become a Notary Public in Montana
- First time applicants or if your commission has lapsed 30 days, must complete the required Online Montana Notary Training Course
- Make arrangements to obtain a $10,000 surety bond written for a term of four years. It is meant to protect the public from any claim made against the State as a result of your actions. In the event of such a claim, the bonding company would look to you, the notary, for repayment of the claim amount. You may wish to discuss with your insurance agent the need for Errors & Omissions Insurance to provide personal coverage to protect yourself.
- Fill out the Montana Notary Application
Enter your name exactly the way you normally make your signature. This is the name in which your Notary Commission will be issued and it must match the name on the surety bond and your signature. (If your legal name is “John Quincy Public”, but you normally sign “J. Q. Public”, then enter J. Q. Public on the application.)
Make sure you follow the directions on the form and provide all the information requested.
Incomplete applications will be returned for completion; this will delay the processing of your commission request. Be sure to include your mailing address to insure delivery of your Certificate of Commission.
- Send the original application form and bond with the filing fee of $25 (check or money order) to:
When you receive the bond:
Make sure all appearances of your name on both the application and the bond are exactly the same.
>Check that the city and county listed on the bond are where you live, not where you work.
Sign the bond on the line for the “Principal”.
- You should receive your commission certificate within 10 days – 2 weeks. Verify that your name is correct and note your commission dates.
- If you ordered a supply package, email us your commission information to: email@example.com or fax to: (615) 790-7912. Otherwise, order your Montana notary supplies now.
Montana Notary Supplies
Notary.net Mini Notary WebsiteFrom: $5.00 / month Select options
Notary Records Journal$14.95 Add to cart
Montana Notary Stamp$19.95–$24.95 Select options
Montana Notary Online Course$49.95 Add to cart
Montana Notary Bond$60.00 Select options
Montana Jurat Stamp$21.95 Add to cart
Montana Acknowledgment Stamp$23.95 Add to cart
Loan Signing Agent Certification Course$45.00 Add to cart
Landscape Notary Records Journal (Discontinued)$14.95 Select options