How to Become a Georgia Notary
As a notary public in the State of Georgia, you have UNLIMITED financial liability on EVERY document you notarize. You do not want to take the office of Notary Public lightly. The Georgia Online Notary Course is the fastest, easiest and most affordable way for you to learn what to do and how to protect yourself as a notary. Whether you are a new or current notary public, you should spend some time learning the laws. It’s less expensive than an attorney consult!
Interactive Georgia Notary Course Features:
How to Become a Notary Public in Georgia
- Complete the Online Georgia Notary Training Course (not required)
- Any individual desiring to be a notary public shall submit application to the clerk of superior court of the county in which the individual resides or, when applying under the provisions of Code Section 45-17-7, to the clerk of superior court of the county in which the individual works or has a business. The applicant shall sign and swear or affirm as truthfulness of the application which shall state:
That the applicant resides or works or has a business in the county of application and the address of the residence or business;
That the applicant is at least 18 years old;
That the applicant can read and write the English language;
- All denials, revocations, suspensions, restrictions, or resignations of a notary commission held by the applicant; and
- All criminal convictions of the applicant, including any plea of nolo contendere, except minor traffic violations.
- In addition to the application required in subsection (a) of this Code section, every applicant for appointment as notary public shall also submit to the clerk of superior court of the county in which the individual makes application:
- Endorsements from two persons who are not relatives of the applicant, who are at least 18 years old, and who reside in the county in which the individual makes application.
- A declaration of applicant which shall have been signed in the presence of a commissioned notary public of this state.